After a year of planning, researching and writing, the full-length version of my book, Infla-Menses, is now published and available at Lulu Press.
So why did I decide to write this book? As I explain on the back cover, the menstrual cycle isn't only influenced by hormones; it is also affected by inflammation. Nutritional, lifestyle, environmental, emotional and spiritual factors can all re-balance or imbalance the immune system's inflammatory responses. These protect us when a healthy balance of pro- and anti-inflammatory processes is maintained, but cause an incredibly broad range of problems once they are dysregulated - from period pain and PMS to depression and dementia.
This book is for you if:
- You suffer from period pain, endometriosis or other menstrual problems
- You have a strong family history of these
- You have a young daughter, and you want to give her the best start to womanhood
- You have another chronic inflammatory issue such as a skin, gastrointestinal or mental health condition, whether or not you want (or are able) to use your menstrual cycle as a window into your overall health
- You have another inflammatory health issue and want to share your healing journey with someone who has menstrual problems
If you would like to purchase a copy, click the link above; full distribution to Amazon and other online retailers is pending.